Friday, August 17, 2007

Love in the Home



Love in the Home

If I live in a house of spotless beauty with everything in its place, but have not love, I am a housekeeper--not a homemaker.
If I have time for waxing, polishing, and decorative achievements, but have not love, my children learn cleanliness--not godliness.
Love leaves the dust in search of a child's laugh. Love smiles at the tiny fingerprints on a newly cleaned window.
Love wipes away the tears before it wipes up the spilled milk. Love picks up the child before it picks up the toys.
Love is present through the trials. Love reprimands, reproves, and is responsive.
Love crawls with the baby, walks with the toddler, runs with the child, then stands aside to let the youth walk into adulthood.
Love is the key that opens salvation's message to a child's heart.
Before I became a mother I took glory in my house of perfection. Now I glory in God's perfection of my child.
As a mother, there is much I must teach my child, but the greatest of all is love.
- Author Unknown

12 comments:

  1. Suzy, this is so beautiful. Something for me to always remember as I get "interrupted" in my daily cleaning duties. Our children are such a precious gift to us and they need to see and remember our love! Thanks for this post. I hope you don't mind if I print it out. Have a nice weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. How sweet of you Lisa :0)
    Have a wonderful weekend too.
    Suzy.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous8:20 PM

    Hey Suzy. Beautiful post. Your link didn't work over at my site. It brought me to a sign-in page for your email account. Anyways, if you feel like writing about Friday's topic on your own blogsite next week, you can come back and link your blogsite with mine.
    Take care.
    Robert

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely as always, Suzy. God bless.

    ReplyDelete
  5. oh this is good! mind if I print it out?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Suzy,
    Your blog is so lovely and peaceful. I was born and raised as Roman Catholic. Half of both dh's and my families are Roman Catholic and half are Lutheran, both sides. We are now Lutheran Church-Missouri Synod.
    I love this entry. It is something I really need to keep in mind in regards to my own home and children. Thank you so much for posting this.
    Kathy

    ReplyDelete
  7. THankyou veritas for your kind comment.
    Have a wonderful day:0)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oooops Robert :0)
    Tierd mummy tyed wrong url code me thinks !!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Kathy,
    Thankyou so much for stopping by. My family's faith history is so similar to your's. My mother's side is Germsn Lutheran and my Father's side is Irish Roman Catholic!
    Have a wonderful day:0)
    Your blog is beautiful by the way.
    Suzy

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Amy,
    Thankyou so much for stopping by:0)
    Many blessings to you today.
    Suzy

    ReplyDelete
  11. SuzyQ, what can I say you have posted another masterpiece today, keep up the good ork my sister... much luv ya

    ReplyDelete
  12. THanks so much for your comment Channel of Healing. God Bless you today:0)
    Suzy

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your thoughts.