Wednesday, October 31, 2007

A small prayer for Christmas


My child's tears can be dried with kisses.

My child's pain can be soothed with a song.

My child's sleep is found between warm blankets.

My child's saddness is softened with a smile,

My child does not know of a hunger that can hurt.

My child does not know of walking barefoot in the dirt,

When my child is afraid, I put a light on in the dark.

When my child falls, I open out my arms.


By the grace of God there goes my child.




Lord,


Awaken my spirit, to suffering I so often choose to close my eyes to.

Lord, Open my heart to give beyond what is easy for me to give.


Christmas belongs to you Jesus.

You live within the poor, the needy, the homeless, the hungry, the oppressed and the persecuted.

For you are all who are broken and alone in the world.

And every child belongs to you.







gOD bLESS THE LITTLE BOY AND HIS SISTER IN THE PICTURE
aND ALL THE OTHER CHILDREN IN THE WORLD


2 comments:

  1. Thank you for this lovely post. I have been on a journey today witnessing the love and caring of Catholic women in all walks of life. I feel privileged to have shared a few minutes with you. May God bless you and keep you. As an aside, how many children do you have? and my best wishes on your course of study.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That post really touched my heart. We have so much to be thankful for. Something to think about and put into action.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your thoughts.