Friday, December 19, 2008

What Gifts might Jesus ask for this Christmas?



Hosea 6:6
For I desire mercy, not sacrifice, and acknowledgment of God rather than burnt offerings.

Matthew 9:13
But go and learn what this means: 'I desire mercy, not sacrifice.' For I have not come to call the righteous, but sinners."

Micah 6:8
He has showed you, O man, what is good. And what does the LORD require of you? To act justly and to love mercy and to walk humbly with your God.

Matthew 23:23
"You give a tenth of your mint, dill, and cummin, but have neglected the more important matters of the law: justice, mercy, and faithfulness.

Matthew 25:34-46
"For I was hungry and you gave me something to eat, I was thirsty and you gave me something to drink, I was a stranger and you invited me in, I needed clothes and you clothed me, I was sick and you looked after me, I was in prison and you came to visit me.'
"Then the righteous will answer him, 'Lord, when did we see you hungry and feed you, or thirsty and give you something to drink?
When did we see you a stranger and invite you in, or needing clothes and clothe you?
When did we see you sick or in prison and go to visit you?'
"The King will reply, 'I tell you the truth, whatever you did for one of the least of these brothers of mine, you did for me.'

Matthew 6:20
"Do not store up for yourselves treasures on earth, where moth and rust destroy, and where thieves break in and steal. But store up for yourselves treasures in heaven, where moth and rust do not destroy, and where thieves do not break in and steal.

Matthew 6:25
"Therefore I tell you, do not worry about your life, what you will eat or drink; or about your body, what you will wear. Is not life more important than food, and the body more important than clothes?

Luke 6:27
But I tell you who hear me: Love your enemies, do good to those who hate you,

Matthew 7
Do not judge, or you too will be judged. For in the same way you judge others, you will be judged, and with the measure you use, it will be measured to you.
"Why do you look at the speck of sawdust in your brother's eye and pay no attention to the plank in your own eye? How can you say to your brother, 'Let me take the speck out of your eye,' when all the time there is a plank in your own eye? You hypocrite, first take the plank out of your own eye, and then you will see clearly to remove the speck from your brother's eye.

1 Thessesolonians
Be joyful always; pray continually; give thanks in all circumstances, for this is God’s will for you in Christ Jesus.

John 14
Do not let your hearts be troubled. Trust in God; trust also in me.

John 13:34
A new command I give you: Love one another. As I have loved you, so you must love one another.

3 comments:

  1. Perfect. This IS what He desires of us! Wonderful reminder! (And no small amount of work and/or memory compiling! Thank-you!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just a wonderful compilation of scriptures and pointing us to Jesus heart. Thank you :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks great blog postt

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your thoughts.