Friday, November 02, 2007

When Christ Dwells Within



"When Christ dwells in the heart, the soul will be so filled with His love,

with the joy of communion with Him, that it will cleave to Him; and in the contemplation of Him, self will be forgotten.

Love to Christ will be the spring of action.

Those who feel the constraining love of God, do not ask how little may be given to meet the requirements of God; they do not ask for the lowest standard, but aim at perfect conformity to the will of their Redeemer.

With earnest desire they yield all and manifest an interest proportionate to the value of the object which they seek.

A profession of Christ without this deep love is mere talk, dry formality, and heavy drudgery."


"Take me, O Lord, as wholly Thine. I lay all my plans at Thy feet. Use me today in Thy service. Abide
with me, and let all my work be wrought in Thee."



Ellen White "Steps to Christ"

10 comments:

  1. Amen! And again I say amen!! Thank you for this beautiful reflection and by sharing it you are sharing your whole hearted LOVE of Jesus Christ. Amen!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful, Suzy. Thank you on this All Souls Day.

    ReplyDelete
  3. At the risk of sounding like a broken record, I just love every one of your posts! Blessings to you this day!
    ~Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  4. Blessings with your inspiration.
    You blog is so beautiful.
    I feel like I'm walking into a garden when I visit it.
    I have a new post called Greed you might like.
    Blessings,
    Lance
    www.lancessoulsearching.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Use me today in Thy service

    Amen.

    ReplyDelete
  6. "Those who feel the constraining love of God, do not ask how little may be given to meet the requirements of God; they do not ask for the lowest standard,..."

    This is so true. That's why "he who has been forgiven much, loves much". What we are aware of- His great vast heart of love- propels us to be extravagant in our love and our response to Him.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank-you! That was beautiful and SO true. I love the way you share God's love!!God Bless!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Excellent piece:).

    Aimee on her blog 'Historical Christian' has also written about the Sacraments and how it effects us. I just finished my piece which is 'Do You Need Christ?'

    I was inspired by the piece Aimee wrote. I hope you will read both pieces and let me know what you think:)?

    I agree, I LOVE your blog.

    Peace to you Suzy:)

    Marie

    ReplyDelete
  9. Suzy:)

    there is a surprise for you at our blog 'View from the Pews'.

    Take a peek;)

    Peace & blessings to you:)

    Marie

    ReplyDelete
  10. ((((((((((Thankyou Marie)))))))))))
    xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxSuzyxx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your thoughts.