Wednesday, June 25, 2008

fLYING KITES





Being a Kite


Jacqueline Sweeney


If I were a kite

I'd kneel,

stretch my skinny arms

out wide,

and wait for wind.

My yellow shirt would

fill up like a sail

and flap,

tugging my criss-crossed

wooden bones and me

towards seas of cloud.

My rippling paper skin

would rustle like applause

as I inhaled,

gulping one last

gustto swoop me giddy-quick

above the trees.

My red rag tail

would drift

toward everything green

to balance me

so all day

I could

loop and climb

loop and climb

and soar

into pure sky.

4 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness!!!! What fun you must have had!!! The poem was grand. Makes you want to fly!! Good Day!!! Cathy

    ReplyDelete
  2. That was way awesome!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful photos . . . so carefree and full of joy!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your thoughts.