Friday, October 26, 2007

Ecclesiatstes

Ecclesiastes
*

“Cast your bread upon the waters,
For after many days you will find it again.”

Lord, May I give of myself abundantly, freely, recklessly, joyfully.
*
“So then, banish anxiety from your heart and cast off the troubles of your body.”

Lord, may I look to your kingdom first. Help me take the shackles from my hands and feet that keep me bound to the fears rooted in the soil of this world.
*

“He seldom reflects on the days of his life because God keeps him occupied with gladness of heart.”

Lord, let me see your reflection in each moment. Set my sight upon you alone.
Till I hardly notice the passing of time. Only the distance between YOU and I.
*

“The sleep of a labourer is sweet, whether he eats little or much
But the abundance of a rich man permits him no sleep.”


Lord, help me to find a path of service. Let me find a way to kneel at your feet each day in the things you call me to do.
*

“ God gives a man wealth, possessions and honour so that he lacks nothing his heart desires, but God does not enable him to enjoy them.”

Lord, I know that all want beyond my portion is unsatiable. Make me long for nothing but YOU.
*

“That everyone may eat and drink and find satisfaction in all his toil, this is a gift from God.”

Lord, may I live a life of simplicity. May I find Joy in the ordinary and the Sacred in the everyday.
Lord help me to do all I am given to do with grace. Lord, help me to recieve anything at all I am given in the spirit of your grace.
*

“ The words of the wise are like goads, their collected sayings like firmly embedded nails given by one Shepard.
Be warned, my son, of anything in addition to them.
Of making many books there is no end, and much study wearies the mind.”

Lord, remind me not to become distracted. Keep my feet upon the small straight path toward the narrow gate. All I need is your word to guide me. All I need is your grace to feed me.
*


“The sun rises and the sun sets and hurries back to where it rises. The wind blows to the south and turns to the north; round it goes ever returning on it’s course. All streams flow into the sea yet the sea is never full.”

Lord, I know nothing can be satisfied in stillness, silence and solitude without you. Even the sun, the wind and the waters are restless to reach YOU Lord.
All effort is pointless if not done for YOUR sake.
All my life is meaningless if not given unto YOU Lord.
*
*
*





2 comments:

  1. You've managed to do it again, Suzy. You touch right on the questions of my heart so often. Thanks for being an angel!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lord, May I give of myself abundantly, freely, recklessly, joyfully.

    When we understand that ALL is Gift we will give of ourselves, abundantly, freely, recklessly, joyfully...Simply because what we have been given is not 'ours' therefore let us not hoard our love as if we were the Source.

    Love these reflections Thanks Suzy:)

    Peace to you:)

    Marie PS> I am on a break from our blog for a few more days. God bless you:)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your thoughts.