Monday, June 23, 2008

THE SIMPLE WOMAN'S DAYBOOK

The Simple Woman

Outside my Window...

A new Rosebush just bought and planted in. Pictures tomorrow maybe ;)


Golden marigolds, blue and purple sweetpeas just bursting into bloom and my favourite, translucent blue delphiniums bobbing their heads in the breeze.


I am thinking... The girls are playing in the sandpit and the baby just fell asleep, which gives me a few moments to myself :)


In the kitchen... Ploughmans! Perfect English summer food. (i.e) Fresh baguettes, with mature Cheddar cheese , pickle, chutney, onion, ham and salad, fresh from the garden. Mmmm! Simple, easy for littles to eat , healthy = it works for me ;)


I am creating... A pink gingham Summer dress for my 10 year old.


I am wearing... Blue jeans and a chocolate brown Cotton top.


I am reading...The bible, children's picture books with my girls, the poems of John Betejamin with my 10 year old.


I am hearing...my baby snoring softly. My husband playing guitar in the other room. My oldest daughter scratching around, cleaning out and feeding her rabbits for the night, my middle two girls chatting in the sandpit at the far corner of the garden.


Around the house...There is a big pile of laundry in my big girls bedroom that I'm trying to forget about for a few more moments heehhee!


One of my favorite things...Sharing a coupla glasses of wine with my husband in the garden on a beautiful Summer evening.


A Few Plans For The Rest Of The Week... Try to remember to build as many memories as I can with my girls, to make every interaction a blessing. Not to let other things take priority.


Here is a picture thought I am sharing with you...





a LEAF bOO BROUGHT IN FROM THE GARDEN ON fRIDAY. aPPARENTLY, ACCORDING TO bOO, IT IS A MAGICAL, JEWEL, SPARKLE LEAF.

i THOUGHT IT WAS BEAUTIFUL AND TOOK A PICTURE!

3 comments:

  1. I've never heard of a ploughman, sounds delicious! Tonight I'm trying a new recipe for a chickpea sandwich filling. It's supposed to be a replacement for tuna or egg salad. I'm trying out a bunch of vegetarian recipes this week in an effort to cut costs.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The leaf pic is really very pretty. I have a time remembering that Monday is "daybook" day. Maybe I'll remember next week.. I really enjoyed this visit...Thank you! cathy

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the simplicity of the leaf picture ~ and the ploughman ~ yum! These Monday visits are so much fun ~ in just their simplicity, aren't they? (Tagged you for a meme if you feel like doing one, too, btw!)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your thoughts.