Sunday, June 22, 2008

Some children's books we love



I thought it might be a fun idea to share some of our best loved children's books


These are probably the books that are the most well read and well worn on our children's book shelves!

Feel free to browse :)



Prayers for Children (Little Golden Book)

Beautifully illustrated prayers for even the littlest ones.





Make Way for Ducklings (Viking Kestrel Picture Books)

A fun heartwarming classic that I love to read just as much as my kids do!

The Snail and the Whale
We just love this one! It's so fun to read and the illustrations are bright, cheerful and amazingly detailed!



Mary, Mother of Jesus

A carefully written portrait of Our Lord's life through the eyes of his beloved Mother.





Pumpkin Soup

The characters in this book are so wonderful, the pages are very creative in design too.




This Is the Star


Amazing illustrations and beautiful poetic text describing the Nativity Story.



Unicorns! Unicorns!

Another beautifully illustrated book ( we love our illustrations :) Telling of the Story of Noah's Ark.













A great way to introduce older children to the way different people of different cultures live and survive day to day across our planet.













A comprehensive account of the way families live in various countries across the world. This book is utterly fascinating!



















3 comments:

  1. I'm going to have to check out some of these books at the library. The Snail and the Whale and Pumpkin Soup look like they would be enjoyed by Ryan. I'm going to have to take a look at Hungry Planet. I think I saw a photo essay about that on the internet somewhere. Sounds very interesting.
    Have a nice upcoming week, Suzy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I use picture books in my classroom, so I appreciate some of the fresh ideas. (Material World and Hungry Planet...both look good for introducing global issues.)

    Good idea.

    ReplyDelete
  3. "The Snail and the Whale" looks charming! I'm going to have to find that book!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your thoughts.