Monday, June 16, 2008

Don't judge each day by the harvest you reap...



"Don't judge each day by the harvest you reap,
but by the seeds you plant."
~R.L.Stevenson


When I'm tilling the soil, planting, scattering seeds across the earth. How can I imagine the green shoots and pink blossoms that will emerge? At times the earth seems too dry. At othertimes, to wet. Seasons of growth are subject to many changes.

The waiting part lies in the darkness. It lies in the ground of faith.
Before the growing part can reach tentivley for the light. Where it may inhale a breath of hope.

But still, it's the first part that is the most important of all. It's the planting of the seed. That lies in my own hand.

Every gentle word,
Every time I smile,
Or fall down laughing beside you,
Or learn the words to another song,
Count your fingers and your toes,
Every story I read aloud,
Every time I listen as you talk away and really listen,
Every time i look in your eyes and really look.
Hold you close and wipe away your tears,
Or take your hand and walk with you, to someplace you want to take me to.
Or lift you up and dance with you.
Kick up the leaves in the park with you,
Stop what I'm doing and simply "be" with you.

Another seed is sown.
*
*
*

Drumsound rises on the air,
its throb, my heart.
A voice inside the beat
says, "I know you're tired,
but come.
This is the way."–

~Jeláluddín Rúmí

A distant sound, beneath the ground. Within my pores. Under my skin. Inside my heart. A soft, still voice. In broken chords. A trembling string. An aching song. That brings me in.


10 comments:

  1. Beautiful.

    Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh how beautiful ~ just what I needed to read. Your blog is an inspiration! Thanks you for being so kind to me over at my place, esepcially as I haven't commented on yours for a while. I hope to address the balance, dear friend.
    You have such a beautiful, sensitive soul, and I would like to get to know you better :)
    AR xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. What beautiful writing and pictures to go with it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That was just beautiful and speaks to me where I'm at right now. Thank you so much!
    Blessings!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awww! No probs AR :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. ==Sigh== Beautiful, soothing and inspiring... Blessings, blessings, Suzy! I love coming over here to see you. &:o)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Suzy,
    You really are a blessing to others through this blog - so much of it can only come from within - so much beauty, so much inspiration, so much love.

    ReplyDelete
  8. simply beautiful!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. After all is said and done, there's nothing more I can say. It's all been said and with such demonstrative words. Only thing left to say is, "Thank you, most sincerely." Cathy

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your tenderness waters others into their own, Suzy. Veritas speaks truth ... you bless here. Robyn's one-word response is an amen! And with Cathy, I say "Thank You!!"

    Love to you,

    Laure

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your thoughts.