Thursday, January 01, 2009

Supplies for 2009...

It starts with a blank piece of paper. With open hands and an unmarked canvas, waiting in the quiet. No expectations. Just. A Cream coloured piece of paper. Slowly but surly the words come through the silence of the page. Like gifts.... My Scripture for 2009: Old Testament: Isaiah 43. Fear not for I have redeemed thee, I have called thee by thy name; thou art mine.When thou passest through the waters, I will be with thee; and through the rivers, they shall not overflow thee: when thou walkest through the fire, thou shalt not be burned; neither shall the flame kindle upon thee. New Testament: John 15:4-5 4 Abide in me, and I in you. As the branch cannot bear fruit of itself, except it abide in the vine; no more can ye, except ye abide in me. I am the vine, ye are the branches: He that abideth in me, and I in him, the same bringeth forth much fruit: for without me ye can do nothing. 

My Word for 2009: COURAGE. 

  My Quotation for 2009: “In the evening of life, we will be judged on love alone.” Saint John of the Cross 

My Saint for 2009: Saints Joan of Arc and Saint Bernadette

5 comments:

  1. Happiest and Holiest of New Years to you and yours!! Cathy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful post- blessings on you and your supplies this year

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy New Year! Thanks for your wonderful post for a fresh start for the new year. ...Thanks for the reminder of Is 43.....through everything in life He IS there! Thanks for sharing!!! God Bless!!!!..Linda

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy New Year Suzy. I love this list. I have a notebook which I am going to write in so that I stay committed to my new years resolutions. I will steal this idea and put it in the front for me to read regularly.

    Therese

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love those verses. What an uplifting post! Thank you!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your thoughts.