Monday, August 02, 2010

To be Happy

Me watching Television for the first time in months, captivated. Bodies swinging, music thudding, heartbeats rising like heat wave. She said they danced and got drunk to express their joy. To be happy. The Amish girl in the long blue drape of dress, bobby pinned, white scarf hiding long golden hair was silent a moment. Staring somewhere afar her words came slowly, quietly, assuredly... "When I want to be happy I pray to God." She said... When I want to express my joy I praise God.... And I wonder... In which flower do I find my nectar? My joy. Sometimes there seem so many to choose from. Brightly coloured, fragrant, sweet. "You have made known to me the paths of life; you will fill me with joy in your presence.' Acts 2:28 In His presence my joy is awakened and I can praise too. 

The thankfulness, dew, upon parched lips... a prayer... Till I am quenched and thirsty no more. * * * A daughter who is a friend. Quiet pre-dawn mornings spent with candlelight, tea and His words. Children that never fail to help me take off the layers of my heart. The ache that draws me closer to His feet. Being able to help my parents when the need me. The joy of walking in Him regardless of what is going on around me. Apples stewing on the stove. Lavender biscuits baked by Emmy for breakfast. Some wonderful thrift finds over the weekend. Things prayed for and found when needed. Making crafts with my girls.... a great joy. The emerald green grass sparkling in sunlight after the rain.

7 comments:

  1. I love your thoughts, especially your intro today.

    ReplyDelete
  2. wonderful,wonderful list. So glad to meet you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh Suzy, so beautiful...
    in which flower do I find my nectar? to keep this question in my thoughts as a reminder, to check myself and my attitudes and actions by asking myself.

    Let me find happiness in praying to He who loves me regardless of the flower I choose...

    Giving thanks today Suzy, I am thankful for your writing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. so true, we express or joy where we find it, no?
    love this list..especially the simple homey ones. family is such a blessing!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love your gifts shared today.

    In my minds eye I can see the grass & I smile :)

    "In which flower do I find my nectar?"
    -that's a question to sometimes ask hourly, isn't it?

    Thank you. His blessings to you & yours :]

    ReplyDelete
  6. Anonymous1:42 AM

    What a beautiful list! I love this one: The joy of walking in Him regardless of what is going on around me. I live thrift store finds too...one of my favorite hobbies! Thank you for stopping by my blog. Have a great week!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. 'The ache that draws me closer to his feet'...
    A blessing to find joy in him.
    Thanks,
    Kath

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your thoughts.